Creative Science Australia – Preschool PD Workshop Booking Terms and Conditions
Creative Science Australia provides professional development workshops for early childhood teachers and educators in the Sydney Metropolitan Area. The word ‘preschool’ in this document refers to preschools, childcare centres, early childhood education centres, and other suitable venues. Prices are based on a self-hosted workshop held at a preschool or other venue.
1. Early Childhood Professional Development Workshop for 2023
– Physics for Early Childhood Educators
Duration: 2 hours
Please allow 1 hour for setup in the venue and 30-45 minutes pack up time.
$792.00 (including GST) for up to 12 participants
$33.00 (including GST) for each additional participant up to a maximum of 20 participants
An invoice will be provided 1-2 weeks prior to the visit date with 30 days payment terms. Payment can be made via direct transfer or online card payment (e.g. PCard).
3. Travel fee
If the expected travel time from Kingsgrove NSW to the venue exceeds 1 hour, a travel fee may be charged at a rate of $55 (including GST) per 30-minutes additional travel time, both to and from the venue. A quote for the travel fee will be provided at the time of booking and details will be included in the booking confirmation.
4. Requirements to be provided by the preschool
– Chairs for participants
– A few tables for the hands-on activities
– Access to water for filling containers
– Parking as close to the venue as possible
– Access to the venue 1 hour before the workshop starts to set up
– Access to the venue for 30-45 minutes after the workshop to pack up
5. Booking process
1. Booking requests can be made via the online booking request form (www.creativescience.com.au), via email, or over the phone.
2. A booking confirmation will be emailed to the contact person.
3. A booking is not confirmed until the contact person has checked the details on the booking confirmation and confirmed that the details are correct via reply email.
4. A booking reminder and tax invoice will be emailed to the contact person 1-2 weeks prior to the visit date.
6. Cancellations or changes to bookings
The preschool contact person should phone or email Creative Science Australia as soon as possible if they wish to cancel a booking or make any changes. There is no cancellation fee for bookings cancelled or rescheduled more than 2 weeks prior to the visit date. Bookings cancelled or rescheduled less than 2 weeks prior to the visit date will incur a cancellation fee of $330. The cancellation fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances, at the request of the preschool, and at the discretion of Creative Science Australia.
Creative Science Australia will only cancel or reschedule a booking due to unavoidable, unforeseen circumstances, such as staff illness. The preschool will be notified as soon as possible if Creative Science Australia needs to cancel or reschedule a booking.
The preschool is responsible for providing a well-ventilated indoor venue that is large enough to accommodate the group of participants comfortably and safely. Apart from minor changes to the positions of tables, Creative Science Australia presenters are not responsible for moving furniture in the venue.
The preschool is responsible for providing one parking space, as close to the venue as possible. The equipment for the workshop is in boxes that are moved into the venue on a trolley. If there are any stairs or other issues regarding accessing the venue, additional time may be required for moving the equipment and setting up.
8. Videos and audio recordings are strictly prohibited
Video or sound recording of Creative Science Australia workshops is not permitted. Creative Science Australia reserves the right to protect the intellectual property contained in its workshops, including, but not limited to, scripts, slide presentations, original music and lyrics, and licensed background music. If a preschool staff member or other adult is found to be recording any part of a Creative Science Australia workshop on a phone or other device, the presenter may interrupt the workshop and ask the person to stop the recording and to delete the recording from their device.
Preschool staff members are welcome to take photographs during Creative Science Australia workshops, following any photography policies the preschool may have in place.
10. Print material
Certificates of participation and activity instructions will be provided to the preschool as PDF files. This material is protected by the Australian Copyright Act. It may be printed for use within the preschool but must not otherwise be copied or distributed.
11. Insurance and Working with Children Clearance
Details of risk assessments and public liability insurance are available on request.
All Creative Science Australia presenters have current Working with Children clearance.
Jenny Lynch, Science Communicator
Mobile: 0402 063 921
PO Box 399 Kingsgrove NSW 1480
Jennifer Lynch trading as Creative Science Australia