Creative Science Australia – Primary School Booking Terms and Conditions
Creative Science Australia provides science incursions for primary schools in the Sydney Metropolitan Area. Students are seated for the duration of the shows, with a few student volunteers invited to assist with demonstrations. Creative Science Australia shows are not hands-on workshops.
1. Primary school show themes for 2023
– Sound Effects Show, Years K to 4
– Freaky Forces Show, Years K to 6
– Electricity and Energy Show, Years 3 to 6
– Sub-Zero Slime Show, Years K to 6
– Creative Science Christmas Show, Years K to 6
– National Science Week Show, Years K-6 (August only)
Duration: 50 minutes per show
Audience size: up to 120 students per session
Note: Larger audiences may be accommodated if the school hall has a raised stage and space for students to sit comfortably with an unobstructed view of the stage.
Up to 4 x 50-minute sessions can be presented in one school day. Allow 1 hour for setup in the venue and at least 10 minutes between sessions for equipment to be reset. Pack up time is 30-45 minutes. If different show themes are to be presented on the same day, additional set up and pack up times are required, as well as a minimum of 30-minutes to reset the equipment between different show themes.
$660 per 50-minute session (including GST)
At full audience capacity of 120 students, the price per student is $5.50 (including GST).
An invoice will be provided 1-2 weeks prior to the visit date with 30 days payment terms. Payment can be made via direct transfer or online card payment (e.g. PCard).
3. Travel fee
If the expected travel time from Kingsgrove NSW to the school venue exceeds 1 hour, a travel fee may be charged at a rate of $55 (including GST) per 30-minutes additional travel time, both to and from the school. A quote for the travel fee will be provided at the time of booking and details will be included in the booking confirmation.
4. Requirements to be provided by the school
– Well-ventilated indoor venue or sheltered outdoor venue
– Large table (e.g. trestle table)
– Access to a power point
– Parking as close to the venue as possible
– Access to the venue to set up 1 hour before the start of the first session and for 30-45 minutes to pack up at the end of the last session.
5. Booking process
1. Booking requests can be made via the online booking request form (www.creativescience.com.au), via email, or over the phone.
2. A booking confirmation will be emailed to the contact person.
3. A booking is not confirmed until the contact person has checked the details on the booking confirmation and confirmed that the details are correct via reply email.
4. A booking reminder and tax invoice will be emailed to the contact person 1-2 weeks prior to the visit date.
6. Cancellations or changes to bookings
The contact person should phone or email Creative Science Australia as soon as possible if they wish to cancel a booking or make any changes. There is no cancellation fee for bookings cancelled or rescheduled more than 2 weeks prior to the visit date. Bookings cancelled or rescheduled less than 2 weeks prior to the visit date will incur a cancellation fee of $330. The cancellation fee may be waived in exceptional circumstances, at the request of the school, and at the discretion of Creative Science Australia.
Creative Science Australia will only cancel or reschedule a booking due to unavoidable, unforeseen circumstances, such as staff illness. The school will be notified as soon as possible if Creative Science Australia needs to cancel or reschedule a booking.
The school is responsible for providing a well-ventilated indoor venue or sheltered outdoor area where the students can be seated safely and comfortably for the duration of the show. Creative Science Australia presenters are not responsible for moving furniture in the venue, apart from setting up a trestle table provided by the school and positioning chairs for teachers.
The school is responsible for providing one parking space, as close to the venue as possible. The equipment for the show is in boxes that are moved into the venue on a trolley. If there are any stairs or other issues regarding accessing the venue, additional time may be required for moving the equipment and setting up.
8. Videos and audio recordings are strictly prohibited
Video or sound recording of Creative Science Australia shows is not permitted. Creative Science Australia reserves the right to protect the intellectual property contained in its shows, including, but not limited to, scripts, staging, props, original music and lyrics, and licensed background music. If a school staff member or student is found to be recording any part of a Creative Science Australia show on a phone or other device, the presenter may interrupt the show and ask the person to stop the recording and to delete the recording from their device.
School staff members and students are welcome to take photographs during Creative Science Australia shows, following any photography policies the school may have in place.
10. Show summary for teachers
A printed summary of each show will be provided to assist teachers in doing follow-up work with students. The show summaries are protected by the Australian Copyright Act. They may be copied for use within the school but must not otherwise be copied or distributed.
11. Insurance and Working with Children Clearance
Details of risk assessments and public liability insurance are available on request.
All Creative Science Australia presenters have current Working with Children clearance.
Jenny Lynch, Science Communicator
Mobile: 0402 063 921
PO Box 399 Kingsgrove NSW 1480
Jennifer Lynch trading as Creative Science Australia ABN 90256716305